Saturday, August 20, 2011

Holding onto Summer

I think I am going to squeeze every ounce of summer out of this month!  Summer around here is absolutely the best season.  I spend the rest of the year counting down until summer.  I am someone who cherishes seasons, and being from New England and East Coast- all the seasons are celebrated.  Since we have lived here...maybe I am just getting old, but I don't enjoy 2 season of the year at all!!! Winter and spring are dreadfully long, cold, and grey...I think the grey is what gets me.  Summer, though, not a cloud in the sky, everybody is constantly doing something or travelling, coffee on the porch, gathering together, no schedules, all to fit in 2 short months!  So here are a couple of pics from the last week or so.....me trying to fit it all in our last bit of summer.  I decided though, being the dreamer that I am, if I owned a motor home then summer would definitely be extended!  We would do September school travelling  and I would put snow tires on and .....get out of dodge!
Extra-large marshmallow stuffed with chocolate..the bomb!



Apricots from a friends yard...jam!  Blackberries from a spot near our campsite...jam!!

Big deal- Joseph learned how to mow the lawn.

And Annabelle had to be a part too... so they both learned how to mow the lawn.  No we do not have 2 mowers, we borrowed the neighbor's.

The same neighbor came home with a bear!!! Lots of excitement for us.

Just a taste of where we live :)

Found a fun place after a soccer tournament, Birch Bay.  It reminded us of the Boston North Shore!

Everyone decide to swim with all their clothes

One of my beautiful girls!

As I said...full clothes!

The highlight of camping for the soccer tournament....a 3 inch slug we found!

Everyone doing their part

No comments:

Post a Comment