Monday, January 30, 2012

A reason for sports

What a cutie!! So proud of her!

Level 4's..tallest one there!

5th for 9 years olds...way to go Annabelle

For the love of the game!!


Another weekend of events....indoor soccer and gymnastics! Annabelle had her first gymnastics meet this weekend and had a wonderful experience.  After a morning of glitter hairdo and no appetite I had a heart to heart with her in the car.  She was overwhelmed with anxiety and was struggling, I took the opportunity to share with her why we do sports- it was a good reminder for me too!  I was able to reflect on many thoughts that Rob and I have had through the years.  My kids are involved in a lot of sports, sometimes too many.  Many people ask me why we do what we do, and how we do what we do????  We have many reasons why- I have NO idea how!!! But...I shared with Annabelle 3 points which we always go back to:

1. God gave us the ability, one of the ways we thank Him and bring glory to Him is by doing the things He created us to do and gave us the ability to do

2.To have fun!! Always!

3. Life lessons- There are so many things that God wants to teach us from what we are involved in.  Sports teach us about diligence, discipline, disappointment, reward, working with others, and so many other things.  These lessons are invaluable.

It doesn't matter about winning, losses have many lessons too, or points....although those things make it fun, we work and play to the best of our abilities and see what God has to teach us through all of it.  I am sure none of this is news to anyone, we all have reasons why our kids are involved, I just thought I would share ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment