Monday, July 11, 2011

Rediscovering...



 
We spent the week at Camp Bighorn last week...in Montana.  It was beautiful and wonderful and more than we hoped for.  We will have pictures to come!  It was a great week to reflect on where God has taken us the past 15 years.  I feel the word "rediscovering" is appropriate for many reasons.  One being I read a book about my old friend Sam Gribley, and I rediscovered him and how much I loved the books about him in the past.  I was so happy and captivated by Elizabeth Craighead George's book "Fightful's Mountain:"


I also rediscovered things about my kids, my husband, and myself....like how much we all love the outdoors and miss it so much!! Trees...oh how I miss trees.  A passion for adventure, I used to have that but somehow have lost it in my middle age!!!  The ropes course and zipline are just not what they used to be! As for the children.....it was more like a "discovery" of adventure. I will have to continue to rediscover that!  Endurance...boy some of my kids have amazing endurance.  A passion for Jesus!!!!!  Where has that gone in my life?  It was good to recapture a bit of that.  The guidance of my husband...we had an exercise in the woods in which I was blind and he was deaf and dumb....hmmmmmm....his presence guided me through it and I rediscovered the comfort of his love.  I could go on and on, it was a wonderfully reflective time and I am thankful for rediscoveries, this may have to be a "to be continued post."

No comments:

Post a Comment