Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A New Perspective



We were recently blessed with these beautiful microscopes, thanks to my Dad!  They have been the highlight of kitchen life!  What fun!!!!  The kids have put everything imaginable under these lenses to have a new perspective.  Isn't it funny what peaks our interest? We have been enthralled by the unusual perspective of looking at things in great detail. I cannot help but view this phenomenon from a life perspective.  While we look through these microscopes, we cannot wait to observe the next item or turn the item over to see the other side.  A bee sat under one of these scopes for 3 days, every passerby taking another interested look! Why? Because it was something we cannot normally see, it is not in our daily vision, it is a new look on an old thing, a new perspective. This fresh look brought excitement to each individual every time we walked in the room. A chance to see something differently, a new look at scripture, a different view of my neighbor, a fresh perspective on our Lord's blessing..life in a new lens. I have recently been sent another package from a dear, long distance friend, a new book to read.  This is a book I have heard so much about, but not being an avid reader and with so little time I tend to not pick up any books. But this one......oh what a treasure it has become!  I am just barely half way through as I slowly soak up the words.  I am already planning on a second read when I am finished because I know I have not captured everything the author wants me to receive! I know several have read it or heard of it so I realize this is old news to many, but if you have not and you would like a fresh look on things, I urge you to pick this one up.  The author is an eloquent and imaginative writer who puts into words what I can only feel. The book you ask: One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. A book which is transforming my perspective, I feel that every time I walk in the room I need to turn the bee over again to see the next part.  Join me in reading this book and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Kimmie,
    I love that book so much. A life-changer for me!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete