Thursday, June 9, 2011

The new addition

Although Annabelle asks for a new baby sister almost daily--that is NOT the new addition!  But- how fun  is this:  I am completely struck by God's abundance.  Go promises to provide our needs, and we have never gone without.  We constantly live month to month amazed at His provisions, but honestly I take this for granted so often.  This month we were blessed with a gift, not just a gift- an ABUNDANT gift!  It all started with fun thoughts in my head- "Wouldn't it be fun to get a pool!"  Of course, these thoughts never left my head until I finally mentioned it to Rob before he was headed out of town,  his response, "Please don't do anything while I am out of town!"
Me???? I wouldn't do that!  (tehehe) I didn't, I just started asking friends about the maintenance of a pool, knowing it was a long shot and looking at prices there was actually no way to make this a reality.  Until about a week later I got a phone call asking if I was still thinking about getting a pool.  Well......thinking about was a bit of an overstatement, dreaming was more like it.  This friend said, "Well I have a pool for you!"  Her parents needed to get rid of their pool and wanted to give it away!!!!!  After some convincing of my husband, we agreed!  But- this is where I find the "abundance" of God's love amazing...it is not just a pool-----it is a 24ft pool!!!!! Have you ever seen one of these things- it is HUGE!!  I find it just tickles me that God wanted to bless us, not with a need, but with a very fun toy and He did it abundantly! This makes me smile- we would have never gotten such a huge pool- maybe we could have gotten one half the size, if at all.  But God wanted us to have fun this summer.....and lots of it! Of course, the next problem is if we can afford to fill it??? It is currently sitting with only 6 inches of water in it as we debate if we can fill it up, we will wait and see!
There she blows!!!

Even 6 inches of water is great entertainment

No comments:

Post a Comment