Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Big 40!!!!

Well- It has happened, I have actually left my 30's.  So many say that this is supposed to be a great milestone but it is a hard one for me.  I really liked my 20's, but I loved my 30's....and I don't want to be middle aged.  But..... I can't seem to stop time no matter how hard I try, so another birthday has come and gone and Joseph keeps reminding me..."Mom, do you realize you are 4 decades old!!!"  As far as birthdays go- it was a pretty good one. I got lots of well wishes from friends and royal treatment from my family.  I only had to drive a couple of places as a taxi cab, we got big hot dogs at the ball park during Sammy's game, and milkshakes and a movie!  As we continue on this journey and each year we get older- I have to officially say how thankful I am for my life!  The blessings and tribulations in 40 years are a true testimony that there is a God and He is very gracious and magnificent!
After my walk I was greeted by such a celebration!


I love the sign! I want to keep it forever.

Celebratory milkshakes...even dairy free for MacKenzie and sugar free for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment