Thursday, March 24, 2011

Health....something we strive for

So it seems there is always the saga of health in our of our lives.  We do so many thing to strive towards good health.  There is the amazing idea that God created our bodies and we are the stewards to care for it.  There is the idea that it just feels so much better to be healthy.  There is the idea that maybe we could live longer more fruitful lives if we are healthy while we are here on this earth.  Whatever the reason I believe most of us desire to be healthy in some way, but how do we do this???
 I truly want this for my family.  We have been through so many years of ill health with my body and currently ---well---- I seem very healthy.  I no longer get sick like I used to.  Of course it seems that there is always a sacrifice and I have traded my ill health for sugar cane.  I was tested 2 years ago and found a food allergy to sugar cane and have found a degree of health that I have never know before.  Now, as my daughter approaches her teens, she has been suffering with various health issues.  Today we discovered that she is going to be tested for juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and she also has an apparent allergy to gluten!!! So-- off we go on a new "health" endeavor with our family, or at least one member of our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment