Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Welcome Spring....

It seems the weather is staying consistently above 50 degrees right now-YEAH!  I just could not resist getting outside today as the sun was shining and the wind was down.  So, we headed out to Beezely Hill, the only hill in town, to look for signs of spring.  Seeing as it is only green around here for about 3 weeks out of the year, we have to make sure to never miss an opportunity in the spring to get outside (especially before the snakes wake up)!  The kids seemed to soak up every moment, it was a well needed excursion as each one of them experessed satisfaction by talking non-stop and having me personally respond to and veiw EVERYTHING they saw....someday I will miss that.  Being New England born and bred and having forests and trees and wildlife as "nature" to me, I have struggled in this desert.  I want to be thankful for the small joys this desert does have, let me share them with you:

That is our town in the background.......exciting, huh?


A tiny shoot poking through that winter ground!


We have such a beautiful big blue sky.


Elation!!!!!!



Everybody brought their cameras to play with


And a little bit of color!!!


1 comment:

  1. I remember taking that walk with all of you! Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete