Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Great Little Family Devotional



 A sweet friend recently let me borrow this book as I was looking for a new devotional.  I am already so blessed by this book.  The chapters are short and full of practical illustrations.  All of my children walked away with a morsel to take with them for the day. I walked away this week with the idea of "adding color" to all that I do.  There are so many things in my days which seem colorless, but I can make them colorful!!!


Update on the weekend: I have recently started running again, Joseph sweetly rode his bike with me today as an ecouragement!  MacKenzie spent the weekend in Seattle at a Christian youth rally called "Acquire the Fire", she returned energized, yet exhausted.  She has been sleeping for hours.  She also let me know of her plans for mission work this summer..so I am sure there will be more to come on that topic.  Annabelle had 2 soccer games and spent the night at a friends' house.  She came home disappointed that they did not ride the four wheelers......we are so in trouble with that one. Joseph had a soccer game, and he scored the only goal for his team.  He is having the weekend of his life because not only did he have a friend spend the night, but also got invited to go to a movie....he is thrilled since he doesn't seem to get to do much with buddies.  Sammy sufficiently filled my ears with complaints that his life is sooooo unfair.  I think I will reread the book "Sibling Rivalry" soon, my cup runneth over with disputes these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment