Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Details......

This morning I found a bean stalk growing........in my sink drain! 
I should have taken a picture but I was so surprised, I just pulled.  The bean itself was quite a ways down, the sprout was a good 4 inches long, and the leaves on top were poking up out of the drain as green as green can be.  I am a firm believer that everything that happens for very specific reasons and as funny as it is that a bean was growing in the sink....I believe it was to teach me something today.  Well- I could easily go to the imagery of growth and how, even 4 inches down in the drain, that sprout grew and grew towards the light, just as we should.  BUT- that was not my lesson today.  Today, as life is so crazy I find myself walking in circles or forgetting commitments on a regular basis, I am reminded of God's amazing attention to detail.  There are things being orchestrated that I do not even know about, details. These details seem funny and meaningless, but they are not, He even knows the number of hairs on our heads....now- really...how ridiculous and unimportant does that seem?  Why is that detail make any difference? It probably doesn't except for the fact..that He knows it.  And that is the point, He knows it all.  He knows the thousands of details that surround me and you everyday, and even when I forget some of them and walk in circles being overwhelmed, He knows them and has not forgotten! So the small little bean sprout is a reminder that He knows all that is going on...and I should fear not.  He knows when I forget to get someone to practice or forget a meeting...and I think it is His grace to remove some of these things from my mind.  And when I think I have really messed up...He still knows it! There is only ONE THING I need to remember and not forget...Him!

 Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only ONE THING is needed.  Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."
Luke 10:41-42

No comments:

Post a Comment